Software Development - feature request?

Area for tester information and features

Re: Software Development - feature request?

Postby Bob Brines » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Recently updated to w10 1703. Thought I'd try the work-around for unsigned drivers. Booted up with unsigned driver enforcement disabled. Started WTPro 7.01. W10 asks for a driver and I point it to XpVista7Drivers\i386. W10 can't find a driver. Mission accomplished.

You would't happen to have a copy of W7 lying around that I could borrow to create a dual boot, would you?

Bob
Bob Brines

Re: Software Development - feature request?

Postby WTPro » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:53 am

Hi Bob

The driver loader does not load the SYS files directly. Rather, it needs to find and install from what is defined in the INF files. These are found in 'XpVista7Drivers', not 'XpVista7Drivers\i386'. These are the modified INF files that are given to us by the manufacturer of the device we use. We are obligated to change the vendor and manufacturing ID's, as well as the product name that goes with the device. INF files have no provision for a 'sub-vendor', hence the problem. Interestingly, and related to some other discussions on this topic, the ASIO driver community has a similar problem. Several of the ASIO drivers attach to a very long list of devices as defined in their INF. If the INF is modified (to remove conflicts), it too runs afoul of MS. The solution again being, downgrade to what looks like a Win7 equivalent driver signing.
WTPro
WTPro

Previous

Return to Woofer and Speaker Tester Information